Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Life on Hold

We haven't been doing too much over the past few days. I've spent some time with my sweet Mama Jo at the hospice house that she is at, thanking God that such a wonderful place exists. While death is a tough thing to deal with, the staff at the hospice house makes it a lot more peaceful. They are doing a pretty phenomenal job of keeping her comfortable, and it's been nice to just sit and hold her hand.

Other than that, I've been trying to sleep. I think I haven't slept deep during the nights because my brain knows at any moment, I could get a phone call. My body just won't fully relax.

I've also been spending what time is left loving on Little C. He is going through a pretty big attachment phase right now where he wants Mama and Daddy all the time. Secretly I love it (but not enough to let him sleep in our bed, sorry kid). We've found him laying by the door a few times over the last few days, trying to get to us. We are contemplating making him a bed to lay on down there, ha!

Right now, it just feels like life is on hold. Mama Jo's life. Our lives. Just waiting for her to get to Heaven.


Love,

Mrs. P

1 comment:

  1. I will have to say we did end up letting Karleigh get in bed with us since we were both working and I needed the sleep. It wasn't and all night thing either it was only when ems he woke up in the middle of the night. However, when we moved into our new home we stopped it all together. Of course she was very scared when she would wake up in the middle of the night all by herself still so we bought a cot and put that in our room that she could get on if she woke up and was scared. Now a year later we have very very very few nights that she even comes to our room and gets on her cot but they are nice to have just in case. 😀 just thought I would share that. Praying for your mama Jo and your family.

    ReplyDelete