Thursday, July 23, 2015

Sweet New Ride

I am now the owner of a mini van.

Did I just say that?

My list of life goals looks something like this:

1. Go to Italy and ride a gondola.
2. Ride in a hot air balloon.
3. Go skiing with Mr. P.
4. Lay on the beach in Hawaii.
5. Own a house with a yard and hire someone to take care of it (my thumbs are more blue, not green, and the blue is from the craft paint).

Owning a mini van never made the list.


With the reality hitting me that I'm about to be a mother of two, Mr. P and I decided that we needed more room for our boys, and we went shopping. Moments after we stepped through the doors at the Honda dealership at the Cary Autopark, I saw her: the 2015 Honda Odyssey. It was love at first sight and I had to make her mine.

So we played the game with the car salesman where he tells you a price way out of your budget and you tell him a price way under your budget and the game ends when you find a happy medium and a price you both can live with. His Citizen watch told me he wasn't going to miss meals, and playing this game was more in my favor than his.

We were able to get a great deal, much lower than the best deal on True Car, which Mr. P says is pretty awesome (I'm glad I have him as I know zero things about that), and we get free oil changes for life, and towing, and lots of other perks AND I'm getting a navigation system which is a pretty sweet deal since I can't get anywhere without it.

And so that's the story of how we officially joined the swagger wagon club.

The end.

Love,

Mrs. P

No comments:

Post a Comment